- Establish technology incubation centers/ research centers/ centre of excellence and product development Centre.
- Monitor and administer Research programs for Students, Faculty members & Industries to undertake quality research.
- Promotion of IPR.
- Conduct idea presentation for SEED funding.
- Other research related activities.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To encourage faculty members to apply for Major / Minor Research Projects.
- To ensure smooth functioning and effective Management of Innovation, Research and Development activities.
- To strengthen industry – institute interaction by promoting consultancy, testing and need based research & innovation activities in the college.
- To prepare and submit proposals to government agencies for obtaining funded projects.
- To coordinate the research activities among the various departments
- Encourage the staff to attend/ publish papers in various National/ International conferences of their specialized areas.
- Encourage the faculty to attend various research oriented Faculty development programmes.
- To encourage the staff to publish their research works in reputed journals that have good impact factor and are indexed in Scopus and Web of Science (WOS).
- Scrutinize the student’s project proposals and send them to various agencies for financial support and recommend the suitable projects.
- Organizing lectures and workshops on current trends related to research methodology and other topics of interdisciplinary nature.
- Review and monitor academic progress of candidates registered for Ph.D.
- Identification of thrust areas of research in each department
- Encourage the faculty to carry out research in-house and in collaboration with other organizations / industries
- Encourage and motivate the faculty members of various departments to undertake research projects and to scrutinize the proposals before submitting to funding agencies
- Review the progress of research and offer necessary guidance whenever required
- Hold one to two events annually to facilitate the exchange and dissemination of information concerning research training issues for the broader research community.
- Inform and advise the Academic community on research and research training matters as and when they arise.