The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was established in the Year 2010. The Department offers premier professional training with an eye on the modern developments in Electronics and Information technology. The department is the culmination of the efforts of the group to provide a world class education which is specially geared to meet the fast changing human resource needs of the country's industry and the global village. The department has well equipped Laboratory as Communication Lab, Microprocessor and Microcontroller Lab, Electronics Circuit Lab, Optical and Microwave Lab, Digital / Analog Circuits Lab, Digital Signal Processing Lab, VLSI Lab and Network Lab. The department has a well-balanced workforce having experience in academics and in Industries. Students are given education as well as training exposure in order to get placed in highly reputed Industries.
The labs in the department of Electronics and Communication Engineering are well equipped, and are equipped with state of art facilities for the under-graduate course. Students are divided into small groups so as to give them proper exposure.
To instruct technical education of utmost standards, making precisely proficient confident and socially responsible engineers.
PEO1: To enable graduates to pursue research, or have a successful career in academia or industries associated with Electronics and Communication Engineering, or as entrepreneurs.
PEO2: To provide students with strong foundational concepts and also advanced techniques and tools in order to enable them to build solutions or systems of varying complexity.
PEO3: To prepare students to analyze existing literature in an area of specialization and ethically develop innovative and research oriented methodologies to solve the problems identified.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
1. Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Ability to analyze and develop solutions to computational problems using appropriate algorithms..
3. Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6. The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7. Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one‘s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) is one of the major and greatest budding fields of engineering. The present Global Technology revolution is changing the world and is offering testing opportunities to exclusively Engineers. Electronics and Communication Engineering has a vital position in this technology revolution. Electronics engineer must find new solutions to the practical problems affecting our daily lives. It covers a wide range of applications which make our life easier and enjoyable such as Television, Radio, computers, telecommunication, mobile communication etc. Electronics has a major role in improving productivity in industries and many other important sectors of economy. There is a good scope for ECE engineers. The Scope is very wide open because the world is moving in the field of technology and developments. It has scope in almost every industry as every industries deal with electronics and computers.