About the Internal Quality Assurance Cell, AEC
In pursuance of the National Action Plan of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore, for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the NAAC proposed that every accredited institution establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC). The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) is a vehicle for ushering in quality enhancement. It ensures continuous improvement in all the operations of the institution and assures stakeholders connected with higher education viz. students, parents, teachers, staff, would-be employers, funding agencies and the society in general, of the accountability of the institution for its own quality and probity.
The IQAC of AEC of was evolved in the year 2017 to ensure timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks, and also to ensure equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society. IQAC - AEC also insists on optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning. It also encourages research sharing and networking with other institutions in India.
Aim / Objective:
The objective of the cell is to develop a system of conscious and consistent improvement in the overall performance of the institution at all levels with the involvement of all stakeholders towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Functions of IQAC:
The IQAC-AEC helps for proper academic planning, execution, monitoring and evaluation. IQAC is responsible
- Continuous evaluation of academic performance
- To help students gain hands-on experience about functioning of the industry and further prepared them for the industrial jobs, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) are signed between various organizations. To focus on augmenting the placement of the final year students in reputed companies through effective campus placement drives.
- Conducting Internal Quality Audits periodically to verify the effectiveness of measures taken in reaching the quality parameters.
- Through the cells formed, various technical events will be conducted relevant to their latest technology.
- To improvise the teaching learning process through ICT all classrooms are equipped with LCD’s.
- IQAC organized a number of FDP’s/training programs to faculty and students.
IQAC may be constituted in every institution under the Chairmanship of the Head of the institution with heads of important academic and administrative units and a few teachers and a few distinguished educationists and representatives of local management and stakeholders. Composition of IQAC
- 1. Chairperson: Head of the Institution
- 2. One Representing member from the Management
- 3. A few senior administrative officers
- 4. Five to eight teachers
- 5. One/two nominees from local society, Students and Alumni
- 6. One/two nominees from Employers /Industrialists/ Stakeholders
- 7. One senior teachers as the Coordinator/ Director of the IQAC
Benefits of IQAC
- Ensures the focus of the institutional functioning towards quality enhancement
- Ensures enhancement and integration of the various activities of the college and best practices
- Provides a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning
- Ensures internalization of the quality culture
- Creates a quality culture and acts as a Change Agent in the activities of the college
- Builds an systematic methodology for documentation and internal communication
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internationalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic and administrative
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad
IQAC Strategic Plans
The institution has a perspective strategic plan based on the vision and mission of the college for a period of five years from 2018 to 2023.
- Getting NAAC accreditation
- Attainment of Autonomous status for the Institution
- Getting permanent affiliation from university for all departments
- Promoting more Industry - Institute relationship through MOUs
- Implementing the effective usage of ICT enabled Learning Management System.
- Enhancing the Employability skills of the students by conducting special courses and coaching classes for competitive exams.
- Motivating the faculty members to upgrade the Teaching – Learning process.
- Motivating all the Faculty members to register and enrol for Ph.D.
- Hosting more of National & International Conferences / Seminars / FDP / Symposium / etc.,
- Organizing National / International seminars on Research and IPR related themes
- Encouraging faculty members to publish more number of articles in papers in well-reputed and Hi-indexed International Journals.
- Applying for Project Funding Grants from National / Private funding agencies
- Harvesting of Solar Energy
- Actively participate in community based programs like Swatch Bharat, Sapling plantation, Blood Donation Camp, NSS activities etc.
IQAC Quality Initiatives
- Student achievements and awards
- Developing Linkages with Top Industries / Institutions through MoUs
- Activities of the Guidance and Counselling
- Placement services provided to students
- Financial aid to students
- Initiatives towards Faculty Development Programme
- New books / journals subscribed
- Feedback from stakeholders
- Improvements in the library services
- Computerization of administration and academic activities
- Technology up-gradation
- Computer and internet access
- Quality Monitoring through Administration and Academic Audit
- Increase in the infrastructural facilities
- Activities and support from the Parent-Teacher Association
- Activities and support from the Alumni Association
- Increased Community services
IQAC Flow Chart
|Mr.N.V.Chandrasekar||Representing Management||Director- TKVTSSMEC Trust|
|Dr.V.Rajkumar||Academic Expert||Professor, GCE, Salem|
|Dr.G.Maheswaran||Academic Expert||Principal, VSA Engineering College, Salem|
|Dr.P.Vivek||Member||Head - Automobile Engineering|
|Mrs.R.S.Gandhimathi||Member||Asso.Prof - Civil Engineering|
|Dr.O.Sharavanan||Member||Head - CSE|
|Mr.B.Ramesh||Member||Head - ECE|
|Dr.R.Venkatesh||Member||Head - EEE|
|Dr.S.Senthil Kumar||Member||Head - Mechanical Engineering|
|Dr.R.Kumaravel||Member||Examination Cell- Coordinator|
|Dr.S.Subhashini||Coordinator||Director - Academics|
|Dr.P.Gnanasekar||Member from Local Society||Director IQAC VMRFDU|
|Mr.R.Bharanitharan||Member from Industry||CEO- Bharani Constructions, Salem|
|Mr.T.Jayamurugan||Member from Industry||Senior Quality Inspector, Steel Plant, Salem|
|Mr.C.Silambarasan||Alumni Member||Quantity Surveyor, KG Foundations Private Limited, Chennai|
|Ms.S.Reena||Student Member||Final Year- Civil Engineering|
IQAC Annual Report
Conduct of Special Courses
Annapoorana Engineering College conducts special courses such as Value-Added Courses, Certificate Courses and Vocational Educational Training Courses forms part of co-curricular activities. The courses are conducted with 30 or more contact hours. The courses are well-structured and scheduled by the Academic committee and submitted to IQAC for approval. IQAC discusses about the courses in the IQAC Meeting minutes, verifies the content and gives approval for the conduct of the courses. The course contents are framed to suit the needs of upcoming engineering students. To bring about betterments in the courses and to know about the beneficiaries, feedback are collected from the students at the end of the courses.